It is a new programme that empowers farmers, especially women farmers.
- It is a Farmer centric scheme launched by of the Department of Biotechnology.
- Biotech-KISAN aims to link farmers, scientists and science institutions across the country in a network that identifies and helps solve their problems in a cooperative manner.
- The scheme includes the Mahila Biotech- KISAN fellowships, for training and education in farm practices, for women farmers.
- The Scheme also aims to support the women farmers/ entrepreneur in their small enterprises, making her a grass root innovator.
- Biotech-KISAN will connect farmers to best global practices; training workshops will be held in India and other countries.
- Biotech KISAN will connect farmers with science in the 15 agro-climatic zones of the country in a manner, which constantly links problems with available solutions.
- There will be a communication set-up to make radio and TV programmes for local stations, as well as daily connectivity through social media.
657 Total Views 4 Views Today