Context: The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) launched satellite CARTOSAT-3 along with other 13 nano-satellites for the US on 27th November.
- PSLV C47 carrying Cartosat-3 was launched on 27 November 2019 using XL variant ofPolar Satellite Launch Vehicle .
- It was launched from thesecond launch pad of Satish Dhawan Space Centre into a sun synchronous orbit of 509 kilometers.
- Cartosat-3is an advanced Indian Earth Observation satellite built and developed by ISRO, which will replace the IRS
- It has a panchromatic resolution of 0.25 meters making it the imaging satellite with highest resolution and Mx of 1 meter with a high quality resolution which is a major improvement from the previous payloads in the Cartosat series.
- Potential uses include weather mapping, cartography or army defense, and strategic applications.