JANA SEVAK SERVICES EXTENDED TO THREE MORE CONSTITUENCIES
Context: The State government scaled up its Jana Sevak services, a programme of delivering government services at the doorstep of citizens, after piloting it successfully in Bengaluru’s Dasarahalli Assembly constituency last year.
- Chief Minister B.S. Yediyurappa launched the Jana Sevak programme in Bommanahalli, Mahadevapura and Rajajinagar Assembly constituencies.
- With this, the programme is now being implemented in four constituencies in the city.
JANA SEVAK PROGRAMME
- The programme delivers government services at the doorstep of citizens
- Citizens can avail 53 services at their doorstep by paying 115 per application.
- Jana Sevaks would come to the residence of the citizen and provide the service. The services have been outsourced.
- Citizens can place a call to the Jana Sevak toll-free number and request a slot for documents for scanning or applications to be taken from their house.
- The Jana Sevak service number is 080-44554455. Jana Sevak will function from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- With the expansion, the government will also put in place women Jana Sevaks, considering the comfort and safety of home-alone women.
- Primary and Secondary Education Minister S. Suresh Kumar, who is also in-charge of Sakala Mission, said over the past nine months, as many as 30,274 citizens had 44 government services (health cards, senior citizen cards, caste/income certificates, among others) delivered to their doorsteps.
- The intention is to ensure that citizens, particularly elderly people, do not have to run from one office to another to get their work done.
- The programme would be extended to Mangaluru, Mysuru, Hubballi-Dharwad, and Belagavi based on the success in the city.
OTHER SCHEMES LAUNCHED BY GOVERNMENT
- Yediyurappa also launched Mahiti Khajaneto provide data on government schemes and programmes.
- He also launched the facility of submission of Right to Information (RTI) application online as per a Supreme Court order.
- The Chief Minister launched a helpline (155214) of the Labour Department to provide information to labourers and construction workers.