MANAK (Million Minds Augmenting National Aspirations andKnowledge).
The INSPIRE Awards (Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research), was renamed as MANAK (Million Minds Augmenting National Aspirations andKnowledge).
- MANAK is an innovative programme sponsored and managed by the Department of Science & Technology for attraction of talent to Science.
- The basic objective of MANAK is to attract talent to the study of science at an early age and thus build the required critical human resource pool for strengthening and expanding the Science & Technology system and R&D base.
- It does not believe in conducting competitive exams for identification of talent at any level.
- It believes in and relies on the efficacy of the existing educational structure for identification of talent.
- MANAK has three components:
o Scheme for Early Attraction of Talent (SEATS)
o Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE)
o Assured Opportunity for Research Careers (AORC)