Protection of Children from Sexual Offenses (POCSO) e-box
The Union Ministry of Women and Child Development has launched Protection of Children from Sexual Offenses (POCSO) e-box.
- (POCSO), e-Box, is an online complaint management system for easy and direct reporting of sexual offences against children and timely action against the offenders under the POCSO Act, 2012.
- The e-Box is incorporated in the home page of National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) website.
- NCPCR has been conferred the Skoch Silver and Skoch Order-of Merit award for POCSO e-Box.
About POCSO Act:
- Being concerned about offences against children, the Government enacted POCSO Act, 2012 to protect them from offences of sexual assault, sexual harassment and pornography, while safeguarding the interest of the child at every stage of the judicial process.
- This is achieved by incorporating child friendly mechanisms for reporting, recording of evidence, investigation and speedy trial of offences through designated Special Courts.
- Any human being up to the age of 18 years is recognised as a child under the POCSO Act.
3780 Total Views 97 Views Today