- “RashtriyaVayoshriYojana”, a ‘Scheme for providing Physical Aids and Assisted-living Devices for Senior citizens belonging to BPL category’ launched by the Union Government.
- It is the first-of-its-kind Central Sector Scheme (CCS) in India, to be fully funded by the Central Government.
- Scheme will be implemented through the sole implementing agency, ‘Artificial Limbs Manufacturing Corporation (ALIMCO)’, (a PSU under M/o SJ&E), which will undertake one year free maintenance of the aids & assisted living devices
- Beneficiaries will be identified by the State Governments/UTs through a Committee chaired by the Deputy Commissioner/District Collector.
- The devices will help the Senior Citizens to overcome their age related physical impairment and to lead a dignified and productive life.
- As far as possible, 30% of the beneficiaries in each district shall be women
367 Total Views 2 Views Today