Swachh Bharat Kosh (SBK)
- The SBK was set up to attract CSR funds from corporate sector and contribution from individual philanthropists to achieve the objective of “Swachh Bharat Abhiyan”.
- The SBK is to be used to achieve the objective of improving cleanliness levels in rural and urban areas, including in schools.
- The allocation from the SBK is being used to supplement departmental resources for such activities.
- All donations towards Swachh Bharat Kosh are eligible for deduction of 100% from the total Income Tax.
- The contributions to SBK can also be included by companies towards CSR under the Companies Act, 2013.
- Rural Electric Corporation (REC) Limited has contributed Rs. 25 crores towards SBK as part of REC’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
371 Total Views 3 Views Today