PAPER – V General Studies 4
- Essence, determinants and consequences of ethics in human action, dimensions of ethics, ethics in private and public relationships.
- Ethics in public administration, status and problems, ethical dilemmas in government and private institutions, laws, rules, regulations and conscience as source of ethical guidance;
- Accountability and ethical governance, strengthening of ethical and moral values in governance, ethical issues in international relations and funding, corporate governance;
- Concept of public service, philosophical basis of governance, information sharing and transparency in government, Right to Information, codes of ethics, codes of conduct, citizen charters, work culture, quality of service delivery, utilization of public fund, challenges of corruption.
- Human values- lessons from the lives and teachings of great leaders, reformers, administrators, Role of family, society, and educational institutions in inculcating values.
- Integrity, impartiality and non- partisanship, objectivity, dedication to public service, empathy, tolerance and compassion towards the weaker sections,
- Aptitude and foundational values for civil service, Content, structure, function, its relation with thoughts and behavior, moral and political attitudes, social influence and persuasion, Aptitude and foundational values for civil service, emotional intelligence and their utilities and application in administration and governance, contributions of moral thinkers from India and the world.